We hold orientation sessions for adjunct faculty once per semester. Topics we cover include:
- Introduction to campus resources
- Course design, goals & objectives, syllabi, lesson plans
- Cheating, plagiarism, and disruptive conduct
- The diverse classroom environment
- Instructional methodologies and assessment techniques
- Technology such as PowerPoint and Webcourses@UCF Grades
- Teaching models and instructional methods.
Attendance is limited to forty participants, so please register early.
Adjunct Faculty Learning Community
We also organize a Faculty Learning Community (FLC) for adjuncts each semester. The meetings are informal discussions about teaching and learning issues, and you will have the chance to meet part-time faculty from other disciplines. The adjunct FLC meets four times over the semester. Adjunct faculty who attend all four sessions and successfully complete the deliverables will receive a $200 grant. The deliverables are:
- Revise at least one lecture to embed multiple learning activities
- Revise one assignment for greater transparency of expectations
- Revise your syllabus for greater transparency as an aid to learning.
Fall 2019 Adjunct Orientations
Wednesday, August 14, 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 22, 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 22, 6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 27, 6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Also, please feel free to make an individual appointment with email@example.com.
The Adjunct Orientation is held on the Orlando campus in
Classroom Building 1, Room 205
To register, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- Your department
- Which date you’d like to attend