We hold orientation sessions for adjunct faculty once per semester. Topics we cover include:
- Introduction to campus resources
- Course design, goals & objectives, syllabi, lesson plans
- Cheating, plagiarism, and disruptive conduct
- The diverse classroom environment
- Instructional methodologies and assessment techniques
- Technology such as PowerPoint and Webcourses@UCF Grades
- Teaching models and instructional methods.
Adjunct Faculty Learning Community
We also organize a Faculty Learning Community (FLC) for adjuncts each semester. The meetings are informal discussions about teaching and learning issues, and you will have the chance to meet part-time faculty from other disciplines. The adjunct FLC meets four times over the semester.
Spring 2023 Adjunct Orientations
Thursday, Jan. 5, 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 5, 6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
The Adjunct Orientation is held via Zoom videoconference.
To register, please complete the form at https://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3fUDmQUAVnzfqbc
Also, please feel free to make an individual appointment with firstname.lastname@example.org.