We hold “nuts and bolts” orientation sessions for adjunct faculty once per semester. Topics we cover include:
- Introduction to campus resources
- Course design, goals & objectives, syllabi, lesson plans
- Cheating, plagiarism, and disruptive conduct
- The diverse classroom environment
- Instructional methodologies and assessment techniques
- Technology such as PowerPoint and Webcourses@UCF Grades
- Teaching models and instructional methods.
The Adjunct Orientation is held virtually in Zoom.
Registration for Fall Orientations will open in August.
Also, please feel free to make an individual appointment with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adjunct Teaching Retreat
We also host a day-long retreat on a Saturday in August and January, in which adjuncts new to teaching can learn some of the basics of course design, classroom management, lesson planning, lecturing, active learning, and more. The event is free to attend for any new or returning UCF adjunct.
Saturday, August 19
Classroom Bldg 1, room 207
10:00am – 3:00pm
Pizza lunch will be provided.
Registration will open in July.
At UCF, adjuncts are hired by individual academic departments (usually the department chair). Those interested in becoming adjuncts should inquire at the relevant department office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure to consult both our list of frequently asked questions and our guide to semester essentials, which offers a timeline view of preparing for the semester.