We hold orientation sessions for adjunct faculty once per semester. Topics we cover include:
- Introduction to campus resources
- Course design, goals & objectives, syllabi, lesson plans
- Cheating, plagiarism, and disruptive conduct
- The diverse classroom environment
- Instructional methodologies and assessment techniques
- Technology such as PowerPoint and Webcourses@UCF Grades
- Teaching models and instructional methods.
Attendance is limited to forty participants, so please register early.
Adjunct Faculty Learning Community
We also organize a Faculty Learning Community (FLC) for adjuncts each semester. The meetings are informal discussions about teaching and learning issues, and you will have the chance to meet part-time faculty from other disciplines. The adjunct FLC meets four times over the semester.
Spring 2022 Adjunct Orientations
Thursday, January 6, 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 6, 6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Also, please feel free to make an individual appointment with email@example.com.
The Adjunct Orientation is held via Zoom videoconference.
To register, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- Your department
- Which date you’d like to attend
Spring 2022 Adjunct Faculty Learning Community
Two cohorts are offered for spring:
- Wednesday evenings, 6:00–7:30 p.m.
1/19, 2/16, 3/16, 4/13
- Thursday afternoons, 12:00–1:30 p.m.
1/13, 2/10, 3/24, 4/21
The Adjunct FLC is held via Zoom videoconference.
Apply by January 12, 2022 at http://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1QUqE2gowLY1vbo.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.